This website (referred to herein as the “Site”) is operated by a company LAUTA Carrageenans (referred to herein as we“ or “us“). The LAUTA Carrageenans company is responsible for your personal information.
Information We May Collect
When you visit the Site, our servers capture the IP addresses, domain names and network identifiers of our users. In some countries, including those in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personally identifiable information under applicable data protection laws. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other similar usage information. We use this
information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable information such as first and last name, home or other physical address, telephone number and other similar information are known only when voluntarily provided by a visitor for registration of product purchase, newsletters and communications, sweepstakes, contests or other participation of visitors in any available online interactive activities.
Use and Sharing of Information Collected
Unless otherwise disclosed during its collection, personally identifiable information that may be collected in connection with visitors to this Site is retained by us or our parent, subsidiaries, or sister companies (“Affiliates”). We and our Affiliates do not sell, transfer or otherwise disclose this personally identifiable information outside those companies, except as disclosed below or where disclosure is required by law.
We may use the personal information you provide for any of the following purposes: (1) to contact product owners in response to product recalls, (2) to understand the use of our Site and make improvements; (3) to fulfill prizes; (4) to respond to specific requests from visitors; (5) to obtain parental consent from visitors under 18 years of age (or the applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction), where necessary; (6) to provide any necessary notices to our visitors or their parent or guardians, where necessary; (7) to protect the security or integrity of our Site when necessary; (8) to send you notices and solicitations regarding the Site, our products or our Affiliates; (9) to share with authorized retailers and distributors of our products to promote our products to you, and (10) in general to promote and market our products and/or products of our Affiliates to you.
We also may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide us with services in connection with the purposes listed above, such as website hosting, professional services (including information technology services and related infrastructure), customer service, shipping of items you order, auditing and other similar services necessary to the operation of the Site and services you request. In such cases, the information will be shared for the purpose stated, and not for independent use by the service provider.
- in connection with an actual or potential corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; and
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, for example to tailor our marketing to you, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will generally relate to: operating our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided below.
It is our policy that visitors to our Site who are under the age of 18 (or applicable age of majority if higher in a particular jurisdiction) should not post on or provide information to our Site without the consent of their parents. You should supervise the online activities of your children, and consider the use of parental control tools available from online services and software providers that help provide a kid-friendly Internet environment. The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a children under age 13, we will delete that information.
Cookies, web beacons, and online advertising
A technology called “cookies” may be used to provide you with tailored information. A “cookie” is a tiny element of data that a Website can send to your browser, which may then be stored in your browser so we can recognize you when you return.
Social Network Access
This Site has technical and organizational security measures in place. Some of the measures we use in different circumstances are encryption, secured entry points to our servers, and monitoring and training for our personnel to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee that unauthorized access or theft of information will not occur.
International data transfers
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, to retain your information for future marketing purposes or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
This Site may contain links to other sites of third parties. We are not responsible for the content of those websites or the privacy practices of those other sites or sites that they, in turn, may link to.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise by contacting us using the details below:
- The right to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- The right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e- mails we send you. Alternatively, you can indicate your marketing preferences for email,phone and postal marketing during registration or at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- The right, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Changes and Updates
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
No.7, West Shuangfu road, Tangshan, Jiangning, Nanjing, China